Excavation Companies Track Robot Equipment Using Metal QR Code Tags
Heavy duty industries employ a wide variety of tools and equipment that only require routine update and maintenance but are also extremely expensive. Such high valued equipment is often liable to theft and untimely malfunctioning. Companies, especially excavation and earth moving businesses invest a lot of time and capital in the procurement of these tools. Hence, these tools call for continuous and accurate tracking and monitoring of health. Additionally, most of the excavation companies are dependent on the operational efficiency of their tools. Timely maintenance is crucial to the delivery of services.
Use of modern technologies in equipment tracking
While proper scheduling and management of such sheer number of equipment were difficult, today with advanced technologies such as QR codes, smartphone support and GPS tracking, heavy duty industries such as earth movers and excavation services can easily track their expensive tools. Some of the primary tools that they employ are Excavators, construction vehicles and tools, power tools, hydraulic lifts and material handling tools, bulldozers and mining equipment. Such a sheer diversity and variety of tools need to be identified, categorized and managed accordingly.
Using QR codes is one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways by which excavation companies can track and manage their tools. QR codes not only come in stickers but can also be stamped on durable metal tags which can be bolted or securely welded to the surfaced of vital equipment. Some of the key methods of using QR codes and their advantages are mentioned below
- Excavation companies take on a variety of jobs and projects of varying specifications. Cutting through different kinds of materials and surfaces require different tools. Added to this, the shape and purpose of excavation also dictate the nature of equipment. QR codes can store a lot of information in a short amount of space. This can easily simplify the process of equipment allocation for various projects.
- The information can also be customized and categorized according to the needs of the company. By placing QR tags on machines and tools, data such as ownership, destination, use in current project and timeline of delivery can be accessed on the go. QR codes can be easily scanned using smartphones, and hence even field operators can scan the equipment and confirm which equipment belongs where.
- QR codes can also store operational data such as equipment health, last conducted maintenance and directions of use among other data which can allow timely scheduling of equipment inspection and maintenance.
- The projects that an excavation company deals with are usually the first steps in a larger construction. For example, excavation services may be used before laying of foundations, clearing of debris for construction, making areas more accessible and in mining.
- All of these activities require the quick clearing up of land clearing duties for them to begin. Projects managers and civil engineers can receive live-updates of the transport and status of the required equipment by combining the features of GPS tracking and QR codes. The GoCodes platform allows the scanner or smartphone to send live-location details upon scanning of a QR tag. These details can be stored in a centralized database which can accessed by anyone.
Posted on Thu, July 12, 2018
by GoCodes Publishing filed under