How to Choose the Best Inventory Software for Your Business
As your business continues to grow, it is vitally important to be able to track your inventory. Not only do you need to be able to see what you currently have in stock at any given time, you must also be able to process orders efficiently and find ways to streamline your existing processes. Small business owners know that it can be a large undertaking to implement a traditional inventory tracking system, but finding the features you need from a solution built for your business will allow you to achieve your business goals without having to invest in bulky, unfriendly technology. Inventory management software is essential for any small business because it saves precious resources like time and energy while also reducing loss. However, it can at times be difficult to sort through the available options to find the best one for your company.
What Makes Inventory Tracking Software Good?
The truth is that there are quite a few products available that assist with inventory tracking. The key is to match up the option that fits best with the needs of your business so that you can gain the most value for your investment. To be able to accomplish this, you’ll need to first take a look at your business and see opportunities for improvement. A good inventory tracking software package will help you achieve the following:
* Security – One of the most important aspects of managing your inventory is knowing exactly how much product you have and where it is at all times, such as in your stockroom, out for delivery, or on the sales floor. While your existing method may help you keep track of how many items you have, you can go a step further with software that connects your inventory system with pricing barcodes so you have more confidence. At the same time this helps you in the case of a potential financial audit, because you’ll know where things are at certain times, which can be challenging as your business continues to boom.
* Versatility – As your small business expands, inventory management should remain a top priority. Opening up to a larger audience with an e-commerce solution presents unique challenges, so you need a software package that incorporates that side of your business and integrates it into an easy-to-use system online. Limiting yourself to older technology keeps you from growing at the rate you want and will make it so you cannot support the expansion.
* Financial Flexibility – When you own your own business, you know that it is a struggle to maximize efficiency while minimizing risk and expenses. Choosing tracking software that comes with its own labels and tags makes it easier for your scanners to communicate with the system and increase your accuracy. A good software solution also works with the equipment you currently have so there is no expensive investment in technology, only in the cloud-based solution that brings together the management features you need. An efficient solution also cuts down on money spent on extra IT support, computer upgrades, and other infrastructure maintenance.
Your inventory tracking system should also work with QuickBooks and allow you to keep detailed control over every part of your business. Implementing GoCodes solutions customized for your business gives you everything you need to improve your inventory and ordering processes.
How GoCodes Can Help Your Business
GoCodes is an inventory tracking and fixed asset management system that provides a comprehensive solution. In addition to retail applications, GoCodes is ideal for medical and dental offices, as well as schools, charities, manufacturing firms, and construction companies. Choosing the right software for your business doesn’t need to be complicated. Here are five ways that GoCodes stands apart from the competition:
* A Single Vendor Solution – GoCodes provides the entire solution for your business at once, from manufacturing labels and tags to setting up your online system. At the same time, you maintain control over the look of your labels to assist with branding, and you can use your smartphone to scan the QR codes. This means you don’t have additional hardware costs.
* Mobile, Online Tracking – The ability to track your inventory and progress online is critical. Not only does it allow you to avoid expensive start-up costs, it also allows you to expand upon your tracking system as your business continues to grow. You pay for the services you need.
* Compatibility – GoCodes exists completely online. This means you can get access from any desktop or laptop computer, as well as your smartphone or tablet. You get full control over the process, and always have the ability to check and manage your inventory, even when you are away from the office. The ease of use allows you to spend your time focusing on your business and not having to constantly troubleshoot scanners and complicated software.
* Free Support – The GoCodes system is a breeze to install and set up, and a team of experts is always on call to help with any questions you have about your inventory management. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that support is just a quick call away.
* Unique Inventory Tracking Features – Tracking your inventory means more than just seeing what you have available and if you need to reorder product. You also need to know where items are and how that information relates to the rest of your business. GoCodes allows you to see where an asset’s QR code was scanned on a GPS map and makes it simple to attach a photo to a tag. This adds security and also helps with loss prevention and audits.
Choosing the best inventory software for your business comes down to comparing features and seeing which solution provides you the most opportunity and value for your investment. GoCodes provides unique tracking features aimed at improving inventory accuracy and security, and helping small businesses manage their systems as they grow. Learn more about how GoCodes can benefit your company and learn more about how the system works by contacting a representative to request samples and a free trial today.